Saturday, October 4, 2008

Adventures with Ashlyn

For some reason I think Ashlyn should be doing the same things now that Kylie was doing when Ashlyn was born even though Kylie was almost 2 1/2 years. For example, I was potty training Kylie when Ashlyn was 2 months old like Spencer is now. So, I have been trying to do so the past week. Each time I ask her if she wants to go on the big potty, she shakes her head and says, "Uh-uh. No." But, I put her on still, give her books and encourage her to go pee-pee. I have to take the toilet paper off the roll or else she undoes it all and blow her nose with it. The other day, I did my "putting her on the potty" routine and left the room for a minute. A few minutes later, I heard a splash and thought she had thrown a book in the toilet, instead, this is what I saw.... (that would be one foot in and one foot out)

...maybe I won't push the potty training or perhaps just not leave the room - the girl is ssssooooo unpredictable!

P.S. I really should start an "Adventures with Ashlyn" series, because they happen
everyday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think Ashlyn is soooooo cute!! And isn't she only 21 months old?? And she is already being potty trained??? What a good girl, or a very determined mother:)

Michelle said...

you're much more determined than i am. good for you! i don't even care about potty training yet, at least not anymore. elias always says he doesn't want to and jumps off the kiddie seat and runs away anyway. or if i try to have him stand and do it boy style, he'll jump off the stool. so i'm just going to revisit it when he seems more interested. i can't very well buckle him to the toilet.