Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Too Painful

Recently, many of my friends have had their children paint shells and/or rocks for an activity to pass the time. I thought this would be a fabulous idea since Kylie and Ashlyn collected many, many, many, many, many rocks (if you know Kylie, you know this is NOT an exaggeration) in Colorado.

ALL of them were "special", so they ended up in our suitcase. (Okay, yes, I did ditch many beforehand).

Well, this project started out as a fun idea for the girls to do.

3 minutes into painting, Kylie said, "This is not fun."

I questioned why.

"I can't do this to my rocks."

I said, "It's alright. This is fun. Keep painting."

Kylie frowned, took off her apron and went to the bathroom to clean up. She emerged with clean hands, clean rocks and a smile.

"This is better, Mom. Next time let's not paint the rocks."

I have to admire the fact that she loves nature in its "natural" state.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

i love this story! so great. kylie is so great. has she ever been interested in making a rock garden? btw, we are air traveling soon and i'm totally using the dollar store presents idea. how brilliant!

No Big Dill said...

good for her.