Monday, November 1, 2010

It's a BIRD, it's a PLANE, it's...

just a big cardboard box.  

David changed out someone's dishwasher, so we were left with a fun box to play with.  I had big plans for this box for the kids to play with.  They could use their imagination and make it into ANYTHING.  We just read a book where a little boy made it into a spaceship, so I thought they might go with that idea.  Nope.  What about a fun tunnel to hide, eat snacks and have a 'secret' passageway out the back?  Denied.  A house?  No.  A barn (they are always pretending to be animals?) No way.

Spencer's reaction:  run as far away from the box.  It scared him. Only until I crawled through it did he.  Once.  Then, he jumped on top of it.

Ashlyn's reaction:  Why do we have Daddy's box inside?  Why did you throw away the trash inside it?  Why are you cutting a hole in it?  (Sound familiar?)

Kylie's:  What are we supposed to do with this?  I gladly gave her my ideas then she proceeded to write her spelling words on it, every name in our family and a story. 

So, what does this all mean?  I have no idea.  We need to bring more big boxes in the house, I suppose.

2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

big boxes rock.

Nicole said...

I once gave Liam a box and even tried to make a pirate ship with him but he just tore it to pieces. Kids these days...