Monday, January 24, 2011

Two things that have made me a better person


1.  I am terrible at eating meals.  Period.  Especially breakfast and lunch.  The above flatbreads have changed that.  Well, the lunch part - I am still working on breakfast.  They are the best!  I especially enjoy the Rosemary & Olive Oil ones.  They are not "bready" like bread, they don't break and they are super soft.  I stuff them with spinach and then use whatever meat and veggies I have on hand.  I have used tiliapia, grilled chicken, turkey, ham, avocado, tomato, cucumber, cheese - of course, not all at once.  The best part is they go BOGO at Publix!  I bought a bunch when they were.  (The sad news - they are no longer BOGO and I ran out, so I'm stuck with no lunches until I make it to the store and bite the bullet to buy when they are not BOGO.)  You should SO try them - you won't be disappointed!


2.  I'm an avid exerciser.  No surprise, right?  I especially love running.  My favorite is to run with a group that's my same pace and style.  I always go by their Garmin to know our distance and pace.  But, when I am alone, I (previously) do not have one of these handy GPS systems.  So, how would I know how far I ran and how fast, you ask?  Here is the OCD side of being an avid exerciser....After my solo runs, I would jump on the internet to a site where you can map your runs (which I already mapped before I left on my run), double check to make sure I ran the route planned, check my stopwatch for my time and then calculate my pace based on my mileage and time.  Crazy, insane.  I know.  But, now I don't have to do that anymore!  David got me one for my birthday!  Lucky me!  It calculates heart rate, calories, distnace, pace, routes, you name it.  I flippin' LOVE my Garmin! 

3 comments:

Happy said...

That Garmin thing is really thing is really cool! And I'll have to try out the sandwich things- thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com

Susie said...

I'm so happy you got a Garmin for your birthday. You so deserve it! Your sandwiches from flatbread sound delicious.