Saturday, May 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to "The Dad"

David loves being called "the Dad" or "Sir" or "Captain"....just kidding.  David is not one who has to be "on top" or Number 1.  He takes his role as head of the household seriously, but not in "I'm-better-than-you" attitude.  Besides his occasional splurge (buying a new thermometer for the grill), he doesn't make a decision on something until we've discussed it and looked at all sides.  He somehow manages my craziness and doesn't judge.  He always looks beyond my imperfections and focuses on the good.

The kids adore their father!  Whether it's tickling, wrestling, playing games, snuggling or teasing, they know that Dad always brings a good time.  Because of how he connects with them, they respect him.  He doesn't get excited or stressed out when their emotions run high, but he is patient and firm.

Even though he doesn't like to celebrate his birthday (crazy, I know!), we always try to make it special with multiple phone calls, emails, decorations, cards and presents.  David is certainly one who deserves to be celebrated!  We love you!




 
He did find out, however, that getting older means it's harder to blow out the candles in one shot.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Happy Birthday David!! Sounds like me- Jared couldn't care less if I didn't do anything for his birthday, but Teya and I could never let it pass without lots of celebrating!
I'm loving all of your new posts- keep them coming!!

T. Driaza said...

Happy Birthday David!! We appreciate your friendship as well!