Monday, August 29, 2011

Colorado

We thoroughly enjoyed being with David's family in Colorado for 10 days this summer.  It was much quieter with only 3 out of the 6 siblings there.  Instead of 26 children and 15 adults, we only had 11 children and 9 adults.  Awesome times we had by all!  Many hilarious quotes were written down and our kids showed how comfortable they were on stage.  The night we have 'sharing time' to share talents, they got up on stage to dance while Melanie played the piano.  I have not laughed that hard in a LONG time.  Spencer had his gangster moves, Ashlyn somersaulted and pole danced and Kylie twirled her way across the stage and back.  If I can ever figure out how to get movies posted on blogspot, I'd post it....it is freakin' H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!

Thank you Mom and Dad Astorga and Grandma Johnson for being fantastic hosts and always opening your place to us.  And our children couldn't have asked for better cousins who juice them, kiss them and play with them ALL DAY long.  







 

3 comments:

Sara Love said...

Sounds like loads of fun! What a beautiful place. You'll have to figure out those videos. We'd love to see them. Miss you guys!

Mom Astorga said...

We love having you come - it's such a long way, expensive, and doing the airport hassle. We're grateful for your sacrifice. Thank you for the pictures - such great memories.

becky said...

I don't know why, but sometimes I have trouble logging in to view your blog. Weird. I love all the pics you included. Definitely brought back great memories. I am so glad that the reunion is so important to you and David and that you make every effort to be there. I also love your blog posts; so keep it up! You are an amazing mom!
-Becky