Saturday, February 18, 2012

Celebrating Ashlyn

I always find it hard to pull a party together for Ashlyn's birthday since it lies smack dab in between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  Normally, we just have a family party and she's happy with that.  Not this year.  She has really grown in many ways since being at preschool this year (I could do a post just this).  One of those ways is communicating what she wants or needs and she wanted a party...with friends.  She even named the friends that she wanted to invite.  Ashlyn can usually only name one of her friends' name not multiple - a huge improvement and something I paid attention to.  She even specifically asked for a Tangled party.  I obliged.  Not everyone was able to attend, because I put it together in just a few days:), but she was excited to give out the invitations, help with the planning and baking and have some friends over.  The kids were amazingly well behaved and was, by far, the easiest kid party I have ever thrown.  We love you, Ashlyn!






2 comments:

Happy said...

Dang she is a cute girl!! Sounds like a fun party and good job on pulling that all together so fast! I'm going to email you for party game ideas...

cKAja said...

nice one. thanks for sharing this post