Just me and the kids (David had to make a quick visit to our home in Jacksonville). I couldn't have asked for better weather or better kids. Everyone had a great time! Spencer went on his first roller coaster ride without me, since I am big and pregnant. He rode with Kylie and did awesome! We arrived right when it opened and left when all the big crowds were coming, so we had zero wait time for everything. Again, awesome! (Remember when you view the photos - my children are opposed to actually looking at the camera. I can't ever get them to look and it drives me bananas!).
Most of the rides Spencer wanted to ride solo. Such a funny kid. In fact, I discovered (or solidified what I already knew) even more about their personalities during this trip. Ashlyn cannot be convinced to do anything she doesn't want to do. Kylie took on her role as the oldest and took Spencer or Ashlyn under her wing when they were scared on the ride (remember, I couldn't ride anything). Spencer loves a thrill.
I wish I could say we indulged on these, but I couldn't even bear the thought.
This photo is for my dad (even though I am pretty sure he never reads my blog). It's funny that other children are so amazed by tractors. My kids hardly bat an eye because both of their grandfathers own one and let them ride it whenever they visit.
Kylie climbed to the top of this all by herself and then went down. Both a BIG feat. She didn't chicken out at all. I was getting nervous as she climbed it, because you can't see them climb the stairs inside the tube and it was taking her forever to emerge.
Fairs are so funny to me. I never was allowed to go as a child because my parents said they were unsafe and run by convicts (maybe one day I'll share my "funny" story about getting caught at the fair by my dad - I think the only time I really was in trouble for something). So, I am always on edge when I go. I think my parents were right. The most amusing people run the rides. And after the roller coaster that Spencer and Kylie rode, the man in charge of the ride hammered one of the wood blocks back into place that was slipping from under the ride...nice. And the ride above, the worker was drilling a loose screw back in after Kylie got off. At least they were on top of fixing things, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment