Sunday, June 14, 2009

We're back!

But, we forgot our camera in Colorado, so you will have to wait for pictures. In the meantime, I will give a few tidbits of things I learned:

1. Don't try to potty train right before vacation, because then it really is NOT a vacation. (On a good note, she got it, but not before peeing in her pants IN the airport right when we were boarding).
2. Always choose the layover in Nashville and not Indianapolis when flying to Denver (a 2 hour difference!).
3. Learn the card game "Hand & Foot" - it is really fun.
4. Always have someone who is not afraid of dogs go with you when walking down country lanes.
5. Bring wrapped up Dollar Store presents when traveling with small children and unveil them when they start getting fussy (thanks, Katy!).
6. Have Gospel centered discussions when playing Poker - it negates the fact that you are gambling.
7. Don't think that you are going to get good sleep when sharing a room with the Little Man (aka Spencer).
8. In fact, don't think you are going to get good sleep when visiting family (late nights, early mornings).
9. If you unleash the Nature Girl (Kylie) into nature, expect that she will come back with pockets full of rocks, hand fulls of flowers and "garlic". Gratefully she will leave the creepy crawlers behind.
10. Expect to add on a few pounds. Too much good food and company, so little time to enjoy it all, thus gobble it ALL up!

3 comments:

Happy said...

Welcome back! I can't wait to hear more about the reunion! Wish we could have been there! And I can't wait to see pictures.
I keep meaning to ask, what does that shirt say that you are holding in the picture on your blog?

T. Driaza said...

Love all the pointers! That Dollar Tree gift is pretty good. I might use that when flying this Thursday! Oh and I'm sooo dreading the weight gain on vacation...I refuse too! Can't wait for photos!

Vanessa, Zac and Noah said...

Sounds like you had fun. We became addicts of hand and foot when we lived in England and played a ton!