Thursday, December 17, 2009

Getting Festive

Many unexpected things have happened that has made blogging not a priority nor even putting up our Christmas tree, BUT, we are finally getting there..at least trying to.

1. Putting up the Christmas tree...Kylie had been begging us to put it up and, honestly, if it weren't for her, it probably would not have gotten up as soon as it did.



Ashlyn got to put on the star this year. She was super excited and Kylie was very supportive (phew!).


I thought the tree would be a disaster because how 'all boy' Spencer is and how he kept picking up an ornament, saying, "Ball", chucking it, grab another one and repeat the process. But he got it when we explained no touching after they were on the tree. Now, he just runs to the tree, points at it and says, "Ball" over and over. Though, he did get excited the other day and charged the tree, grab an ornament, said 'ball' and threw it to us in the kitchen..it shattered everywhere. What can I say? He is a boy and he wanted to play ball.


2. Made and decorated Christmas cookies.



Of course, how fun would decorating cookies be if you couldn't lick after each addition?




3. Kylie's Christmas performance at school.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What a cute tree! I don't why we get mad at ourselves for not doing this and that sooner,we never win-I tell you. We have a gate around our tree. Audrey does what she wants when she wants and she is very sneaky about it. Love the picture of Kylie in her Christmas play. she looks kinda lost.

Susie said...

Your tree is so pretty. I love the light up star. The sugar cookies look delicious! Happy belated birthday to Ashland. She's so sweet. You're doing a great job with your children because your daughters are so kind and considerate to each other. I think Spencer will be an awesome ball player. Sorry about the broken ornament.

Astorga Family said...

Oh! I miss your kids!
-Alexa