Just a funny story...the other night at dinner, I was getting frustrated that everyone was complaining. Ashlyn looked at me and said, "I love you, Mommy." I responded, "I love you, too. Way to be a peacemaker, Ashlyn". Her face had a puzzling expression and she asked, "A piece of paper?" We burst out laughing.
When something isn't right, she fixes it (or at least tries to). She has a hard time carrying on if something is omitted, missing or just doesn't feel right. Examples: she can't say the blessing on the food unless her place is just so, she won't let me buckle her up unless her shirt is tucked in right, and if I misspeak, she corrects me.
Just recently, she has to have a pencil and paper to write on while in the car.
She doesn't mind playing alone, in fact, I think she prefers it.
She is a blast!
LOOK who's 3!
She didn't even mind hanging out with Daddy on her birthday while he rigged our front door (our 'homemade' security system). She called it a 'Daddy-Daughter date'.
Recognize the Belle from a previous birthday? Let's just say it was a Barbie/Princess cake gone wrong, so we topped it with Belle. It didn't matter - she loved it!

4 comments:
That girl is so cute! "Daddy Daughter Date?" That's so funny. A "Peacemaker" a "piece of paper" how cute was that! Three already - times goes so fast.
Happy birthday to that cute little girl!! The daddy daughter date is funny.
I don't like the word "rigged". If it was "rigged", the trim wouldn't be off. The wire would just be stapled to the wall. Go David, Go! -KEITH
Too bad I can't juice those cheeks through my computer screen, -Becky
Post a Comment