Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Washington D.C.

After my surgery in August, I wasn't able to teach my gym classes for at least a week (doesn't sound horrible, but that's torture to me especially since I was feeling fine by day 3), so our kind friends, the Kaneyukis, agreed to let us visit.  They are seriously the most wonderful host family!  Super laid back, willing to do what we want to do, are patient with the whining, offers to let me go out alone, super fun and lets me raid their refrigerator.

It was just me and the kids making the trip.  Kylie's requests were to see the White House and swim.  They did awesome in the car; well, except one incident when Spencer had to pee super bad on the way home and there was literally NOWHERE to stop - not even the side of the road because there were railings on either side.  Which left us to stop at some random place where Spencer announced, as soon as we walked in, "THIS PLACE STINKS!", and sticky floors, a mirage of people that didn't look anything like us and no bathrooms (thank goodness).  We high-tailed out of there and found something a bit more clean down the road.  I digress...


We got to see the White House (but never swam), Ashlyn made her mark by peeing on the Smithsonian carpet and I even ran into someone I knew at the National Mall.  My children were introduced to edible seaweed and LOVED it, we rode the metro, I ran in our Nation's capital (shhhh, don't tell my doctor, but I couldn't resist) and we experienced seeing lightning from the 10th floor.

We are hoping that they still like us, so next time we can eat at fun places and take a tour of the White House - with David.  Thank you, Kaneyukis!

Excuse all the tired faces, we walked a lot.

















4 comments:

Sara Love said...

Love the last pictures. Looks and sounds like loads of fun. Glad you all could make the trip.

Happy said...

Good job jumping on the chance to visit DC! Definitely on my list of places to see!

Michelle said...

Fun!! I died out on my summer posts, you know why. I didn't know when you were here. I think I had just gotten pregnant at that point. Perhaps I was hopeful, but I definitely didn't know.

We are moving to a MUCH bigger house! So now you must come again with David. We'll have a whole basement for you guys!

becky said...

How long is your drive to DC? I would love to go with our kids. What an awesome experience for your little ones!