Saturday, April 14, 2012

It's time again to catch up...

Kylie had been interested in getting earrings for awhile.  We told her whenever she was ready we would let her, but we weren't going to force her and if she started crying we wouldn't do it at all.  We made it very clear that it was solely her choice and that she would also have to clean the piercing for 6 weeks. 

Back in January she decided that she wanted to go for it.  So, on MLK day we sought out to get her ears pierced.  We went to the mall and it was way more than we wanted to spend and at both places we went to the ladies working we so impersonal and actually pretty rude - double whammy...too expensive and rude.  We were out of there fast.  We enjoyed a day at a new park in Raleigh that has an indoor carosel, outdoor train rides, paddle boats and super fun play equipment.  Well, we played too hard and long that we didn't make it to Wal-Mart (where we decided to go for the ear piercing - not normally a top choice, I know) in time before it closed.  Kylie was super bummed, so we scheduled that I would pick her up on Wednesday early from school and meet Daddy to get it done. 






She did a great job even though kids at her school told her that is was going hurt, bleed, get infected, etc., she trusted us that none of that was going to happen and went through with it.  The lady was super sweet.  We thought Ashlyn might want it done after seeing Kylie, but Ashlyn was very clear that she had no interest in getting hers done.  That girl is so funny.  Kylie was awesome at cleaning all by herself and just got 2 new pairs for Easter which she was thrilled about.

2 comments:

Sara Love said...

Wow! Brave girl! I was 12 when I had my first set pierced and I was scared!! Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

She is a gorgeous little girl https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8XNGrm0a5B8K2O0joiRKv3oBj0cwebucEDURwjc9f8xkkfCEffl6f0OPaVoI3LYbogAWDCsx6EAXqnzwCZF6P-cvDNpTGHGthT-z_LjE_TmE4GpC_DPmRef_4SlSd1XIUrPOkUx23-uU1/s0/131.JPG When I downloaded the original I resampled it, sharpened it, cropped it and put this gorgeous little beauty on display life size in one of my large digital picture displays. When I was standing there admiring her for the first time she appeared to be directly in front of me so I leaned close and started giving her big juicy kisses on her mouth and lips. I was like OMG! The display is warm and silky smooth so it was like she came to life and I was really kissing her. I love having her on display life size because I can stop by when I have a chance and spend a few minutes admiring her good looks and kissing her to my hearts content. She has become my affectionate little kissing buddy which is fun and relaxing, especially after a hard day at work or when getting ready for bed, or even first thing in the morning when I wake up.