Sunday, July 5, 2009

Perspective

I am lame. I realized that after reading my post that I wrote on Friday. It is easy for me to be pessimistic if I let myself be. I am really good at comparing and finding ALL my weaknesses. I am also awesome at letting those weaknesses bring me down.

But, wait! Doesn't Ether12:27, in the Book of Mormon, state, "...then I will make weak things become strong unto them."? Why, yes, it does. So, I ask, why are my weaknesses bringing me down or, rather, who is allowing them to do so?

I am competitive. I don't want someone, who I am not fond of, win. In fact, I fight harder so that that does not happen. It won't happen. Ever.

"For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." Ether 12:12. (What a great chapter!)

Faith is essential for miracles to occur. Faith is what we all have to hold on to. I am grateful to have a knowledge of faith.

3 comments:

Happy said...

You are not lame, you are HUMAN!!! Everyone goes through these feelings at different times, it's totally normal! I enjoyed this post too though, thanks for the great reminders!

No Big Dill said...

Christy, you are a powerhouse of a woman! I wish I had half the energy you do. We are all given DIFFERENT gifts. You do amazing things with yours--just look at the Wednesday morning following you have as an example of those who appreciate you.

angela wharton said...

Faith is such an interesting concept, and one that we are tested on often. When I find that I am weak in faith, the devil hits me with fear. But our loving God doesn't leave us unequipped to victorious...amazingly enough, there are 365 scriptures in the Bible that encourage us not to fear! And God reminds us in Hebrews 11 of many people that have gone before us who had to have major faith in God and in His promises, but they learned that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (11:1)
God is going to bless you as you increase your faith in Him. And I am confident that He will complete the good work He has started in you! I love you and I'm praying for you <3