Monday, September 28, 2009

It was a cool 70 degrees this morning

It felt so good. Wow! Monday was going to be good. Taught 6 am Cycle. Awesome group, awesome songs. Come home to get the kids up, fix lunches, send Kylie off, send David off. No crying so far, looks to be a great day. Oh, and did I mention how nice it was outside? Definitely a great day. 9 am class went off without a hitch. Had friends over to play. Even though the house was torn apart - the kids had fun. Still a great day. Naps, no problem and I was productive. The line to pick up Kylie from school was short and quick. I got in and out in record time. Home to have quick snacks to go back and teach class #3 and #4 for the day. Everyone was happy, playing nicely together. Weather still beautiful (though warmer). Had time to read books and play together before we had to leave. Still smooth.

Enters the catch to this wonderful day....

Go out to the car to load the children in, to my horror - the keys were locked in the car - with all the car seats, set of keys to the other car, my purse and I had to be at my class in 20 minutes!!! Frantically, I checked all the doors, windows, thinking... how did this happen? When my eyes fell upon one of the little rascals at my feet...Ashlyn! She likes to play in the car while I am getting the others out and in the house. I didn't think that she would push the lock button! It is all the way in the front. Oh, great! Okay, think clearly, extra keys..sometimes David leaves his when he goes out of town. No such luck; he took them all. Dang! So, I call him (because maybe he can do something over the phone, so I can get to my class in time). Guess what his first words were, "Looks like you are going to have to miss your class." What? No way! I will run there with children in tow, in the wagon since the stroller was locked in the car as well. Hung up. Confident that I could figure this one out.

Then, I remember that I have fabulous, crises-savers living next to me. Yep! Just as I get there, they are pulling into their garage. So, guess what they did? Watched all my kids. And dropped me off. And picked me up. And waited for the locksmith. The kids had fun playing the dirt with friends, I made it to my class(es) and everyone is happy.

I knew Monday was going to be a great day! Next time, I will take my keys inside my purse inside the house.... Thank goodness for next times!

No comments: