Not really battlewounds caused by another, but rather by himself. I began watching an infant full-time and Spencer is not a big fan. The first day of watching the baby, Spencer was screaming louder that I have ever heard him do before (and he already screams LOUD) when I was feeding the baby a bottle, which set off the baby and they BOTH were screaming. I could not get either one to calm down - Spencer did not want anything else but Mommy. I went outside to ask for David's assistance, not thinking that Spencer would literally sprint-crawl for me. He was stopping at NOTHING to get to me - barrelling through toys, couches, Ashlyn - and fell right out into the garage on to a pile of wood. I am pretty sure Spencer blamed the baby for his 'owie'. He wanted it to be even, so he frequently tried to attack. Things are calming down bit, Spencer still does not like the idea of a baby in the house, but at least seems more curious than belligerent.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Battlewounds
Not really battlewounds caused by another, but rather by himself. I began watching an infant full-time and Spencer is not a big fan. The first day of watching the baby, Spencer was screaming louder that I have ever heard him do before (and he already screams LOUD) when I was feeding the baby a bottle, which set off the baby and they BOTH were screaming. I could not get either one to calm down - Spencer did not want anything else but Mommy. I went outside to ask for David's assistance, not thinking that Spencer would literally sprint-crawl for me. He was stopping at NOTHING to get to me - barrelling through toys, couches, Ashlyn - and fell right out into the garage on to a pile of wood. I am pretty sure Spencer blamed the baby for his 'owie'. He wanted it to be even, so he frequently tried to attack. Things are calming down bit, Spencer still does not like the idea of a baby in the house, but at least seems more curious than belligerent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Poor Spencer! That looks like it hurts.
Poor baby. :(
Oh no. What a sad story and it's so sad seeing Spencer's battle wounds. But his eyes are still twinkling and he's always smiling. He's such a sweet boy.
Post a Comment