A computer crash, a very busy week, lots of high pitched screaming from the little man, murmuring and tantrums from Kylie, lack of work for David, Ashlyn not listening, people at the gym complaining, body exhausted, brain fried, bills to pay, companies messing up our statements, trying to stay happy and not bite everyone's head off. (Okay, I'll stop.)
I was reading on a friend's blog about faith. This concept has always been fascinating to me. So simple, yet so complex. There is much to faith. Someone mentioned that faith is not letting yourself get to the point of discouragement. Honestly, it is difficult to see others' life with much joy and not having to deal with those things we are struggling with right now. That is one thing that I dislike about blogs, why does everything have to be always so perfect? Apparently, I am almost at that point of discouragement, so here is the time to pick up and really believe that is it all the Lord's hands. Life.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i agree that faith means no fear and letting go of discouragement, but if we all had perfect faith, what would be the point of this life? it is a test, but it is also a time for growth. it is part of the human experience to struggle, to doubt, and to wonder. you are doing a great job, let yourself be discouraged sometimes and don't beat yourself up. but don't beat yourself up about beating yourself up, either. haha! how's that for impossible? now with this trying time in your life you will have so much more compassion and empathy for those who have similar trials. you will know and understand them leaps and bounds deeper than a person who hasn't. i'm praying for you! keep plugging along. oh, and read "An High Priest of Good Things to Come" if you haven't recently:
http://www.lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-14-15,00.html
it's pretty awesome.
The thing I love about blogging is that it is the ONLY place in my life where I can create things that are totally in my control. I can focus on the happy things and accomplishments, then in the really difficult times (which happen on a regular basis!!) I can look back and see that things overall are still good. Hang in there!
Blogs are like keeping up with the Jones'. Seriously, right? I'm debating on whether or not to just delete it and just be done with blogging for good.
Travis and I are in a rough spot ourselves, so I know the feelings. I heard a talk recenty that talked about hardships and trials. They were compared to diamonds....and of course I can't remember the whole story but the speaker was talking about how diamonds are formed--from extreme and intense pressure comes something refined and beautiful. I'm sure you get the jist. Hang in there--Heavenly Father will not give us more than we can handle--I tell myself this weekly it seems, these days.
Just keep in mind that most people only blog about the good times, so you just don't hear about all of the hard things they are going through. I often debate on whether or not I should blog about my days when I am practically in tears and want to lock Teya in her room for the entire day. I obviously skip blogging those days... You guys, and the rest of the US, are in our prayers.
Just keep in mind that most people only blog about the good times, so you just don't hear about all of the hard things they are going through. I often debate on whether or not I should blog about my days when I am practically in tears and want to lock Teya in her room for the entire day. I obviously skip blogging those days... You guys, and the rest of the US, are in our prayers.
Christy, I am so sorry to hear about your very challenging and trying week. When it rains, why does it always have to pour? But I see you this morning and you've got a smile on your face. You're such a strong and wonderful person. I've felt the same way you do about blogging and facebook. Everybody's life seems to be more wonderful and complete than mine and they're doing such fun and exciting things. I know the Lord will shower his choicest blessings on you and your family. Remember, "The sun will come out tomorrow."
Post a Comment